REDEMPTION EGHOSA OSARETIN OMOYESUPERSTORY (@omoyesuperstory)


NAME : REDEMPTION EGHOSA OSARETIN

 OMOYESUPERSTORY


Background:  I come from a family of 4, am the second child but the first daughter. I am a Christian, am from Edo state, benin city, graduated from the university of benin where I studied Accounting .                                                                                                                    
Growing up: My growing up was no tough and not too easy, was just basically a mixture of both. Was just been cared for by my parents and all, growing up wasn’t so smooth but I have this kind of parent that no matter how tough things were, they tried their best in taking us to good schools and bringing us up in the fear of God. 

Acting: oh well, I started acting towards the end of 2004,was a minor role in Binta & Friends(Bolaji) after my secondary school and my performance gained me the lead role that brought me into lime light, that was OMOYE( a child like you ) in 2005,and that was how acting started for me .

Inspiration: Never got my inspiration from anyone or anywhere asides saying it’s a talent from God Almighty. Back in secondary school I was in the Literary& Drama group, we always interpreted poems and all and performed in different schools, so basically it was something I developed and of course then with the help of my teacher back then in school and of course when the opportunity brought itself , I saw it as an avenue to show the world what I had.

Role Model: of role, oh well, my role model has always been Joke Sylva. She’s got all in one, charisma, interpretation etc

First Experience on set: lol, my first experience on set was a blend of all, interesting, tough, exciting, funny etc. First experience was when I was on set for Binta & Friends, was really tough and challenging been the first time to ever face a camera, had done stage plays but never faced a camera. We had to pass through thick bushes, slept in the bush and all and experienced live snake for the first time in my life, had to climb a high fence and jumped down, because in the story line we were escaping for our lives from kidnappers.

Was pretty tough and challenging but with the help of the then director Antar Laniyan and other actors was something I pulled through with and of course determination.



The Most Challenging Role: most challenging role ever and so far has been the superstory series OMOYE. She was a young girl from a very poor background and had to strive through life with her poor mother who roasted plantain, she was so determined but lost her life along the line. Was a sad and challenging role for me because it came with some kind of part where I had to practically work into the late nights, had to hawk pure water as its popularly known in traffic( real traffic), I just can’t say all but Omoye was a real challenging role for me and I thank God I made the best of it.

Works: I have done couple of jobs with Wale Adenuga Productions, done a stage play under the USAID on Worlds Aids Day in unilag, I have also done some couple of commercials for Chivita , magazines etc, so many I just can’t remember

Relationship: Lol, am in a relationship and I love my man, hope to tie the knots soon.

Challenges: every job comes with its own challenges and so does life, but we pray for the ones we can cope with. Challenges are bound to come our way at some point in life.

Words Of Encouragement: no matter the pressure and challenges of life, always remember to run back to your creator, be focused and put God first in anything you do and the sky will be your starting point.

YOU CAN FOLLOW HER ON TWITTER @omoyesuperstory

You Probably know her from your favorite Super Story play, Binta and Friends etc.  Watch below clips from few of her movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment